Christian Science Healing on the College Campus: Cultivating the Role of Students
Join fellow Christian Scientists on November 10, 2018 as we focus on college students and young adults and their connection to Christian Science.
- Speak directly with a representative of the Mother Church via Skype (online broadcast).
- Find out first-hand about the College Summit held in Boston in August.
- Discuss ideas for welcoming young people to Christian Science churches, and how we can best support their study of spiritual selfhood.
- Explore how church, Sunday school, Reading Rooms, and CSO can attract today’s youth.
- Discuss how to best promote online resources such as ChristianScience.com and JSH-Online to young people in our community who are not familiar with Christian Science.
What strategies can we deploy in our communities to broaden and deepen knowledge of Christian Science?
How can we handle the claim of lack of religiosity among young people?
Join us for this relevant and enlivening discussion on Christian Science at the Annual Meeting of The Student Center Foundation.
When: Saturday, November 10 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Lunch will be provided)
Where: 315 N. Mills Street, Madison, WI
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
315 N. Mills St. is 1/2 block off University Ave. A “greeter” will direct you to parking under Grainger Hall, one block east on Brooks Street.
Please RSVP by November 1st to CSO.email@example.com or to Lindsey Roder at 262-409-9624 or Marty Evanson at 608-514-4251.
Speaker Bio: Chris Sheasley
CSO and Internship Program Coordinator, Church Activities Department
The First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, MA
Chris has been serving The Mother Church in Boston for 8 years. He coordinates the CSO support team and the Internship Program and is an active member of the Church Activities department. He is dedicated to serving church, and is also a member of a branch Church of Christ, Scientist in Concord, Massachusetts. Chris says, “As we unite with the Manual [of The Mother Church], we will see the defeat of every mesmeric suggestion that tries to hinder our demonstration of the Church Triumphant.”