The Christian Science Organization
At the University of Madison, Wisconsin
Article I. Name
Section 1. The of this organization shall be the Christian Science Organization at the University of Madison, Wisconsin. Its location shall be in the city of Madison, County of Dane, State of Wisconsin.
Article II. Mission Statement
Section 1. It shall be the mission and goal of the Christian Science Organization at the University of Wisconsin Madison to support the daily spiritual needs of students. As a partner in this activity with other ministries at the University we can help one another bring peace, healing, and solutions to the world.
Article II. Purposes
Section 1. The objects and purposes of this organization shall be:
- To encourage the study and practice of Christian Science among students at the University of Wisconsin.
- To establish, maintain and operate a center for students at UW Madison who are interested in the spiritual concepts and teachings of Christian Science, as taught by the authorized literature of the Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston Massachusetts.
Article III. Participants
- Any student enrolled at UW Madison is welcome to participate.
- There is no formal board of organization, just inclusive and welcoming of all spiritual seekers.
- There will be no charge for membership due to the fact that the organization is funded by the Student Center Foundation. Participants may contribute to defray activity costs when needed.
Article IV. Meetings
- Weekly inspirational meetings will be held as an opportunity to discuss the role of the Bible and writings of Mary Baker Eddy, founder of Christian Science, in university students' lives.
- Additional activities may include: sponsoring a campus lecture, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures book club, Bible Lesson reading, occasional social events, sponsoring a departmental lecture, and so forth.
- The main base for operations will be at the Christian Science Organization building located at 315 N. Mills St. Madison, WI 53715.